Srinagar: A youth died and three others including two women received burn injuries after a high tension wire snapped in Verinag area of South Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Saturday.
Official sources told GNS that Sabzar Ahmad Mochi, 22, son of Ghulam Nabi Mochi resident of Imooh Verinag received electric shock at his home while repairing an electric wire when, the high tension line fell on the local transmission wire.
Three pedestrians including two women also sustained burn injuries into the incident and a local Mosque was also partially damaged, they said.
The injured persons has been identified as Sumaira Jan, daughter of Ghulam Hassan Khanday of Banihal, Rafiqa Akhter son of Abdul Majeed and Sirajdin Khatarya son of Shahwali Khatariya both hailing from Imooh.
Station House Officer, SHO Dooru Rafiq Ahmad told GNS that one person died on the spot while three others received injuries in the incident.
The injured persons have been hospitalized and their condition is said to be stable, he said, adding that a case has been registered and further investigations taken up. (GNS)